Judy, Jenni, Joe and Georgia's Italy adventures 2019 travel blog

The trip is coming to a close. Mixed feelings all round as we will be happy to see everyone at home however its almost the end of a lovely holiday. Joe just about at the buffet breakfast out of supplies....had about 5 courses. Then it was time to finish packing, check out and walk to the train station. We decided to train rather than ferry to Napples as it would involve less bag dragging. The train takes us direct to Napoli Centrale where we catch the train to Rome. We arrived in time to catch the 11.30 train to Rome and arrived at Termini about 13.30. After a quick lunch, we walked to the Metro to catch the metro and then changed to a bus to arrive at our hotel. We are staying further out in a hotel the kids chose, maimly as it has a pool. We thought it would be a nice way to relax during our last 24 hours here.

The joirney went well and we checked it and went to our room. We have free mini bar so Jenni and I had a beer on our balcony overlooking the pool while Joe rang to find out where to get the pool towels. Big calamity, he was told the pool was closed. I rang to find out why as it was a beautiful day to be told it is omly open from June to September...missed that in the fine print. Oh well, thats how it goes.

I bought tickets on the 17.00 shuttle into Rome so the kids could go to the Disney shop. We were dropped off near the river and proceeded to walk about 2kms with a bit of going round in circles before we found the store. On the way, we stopped for a drink and we had Bali-style service. First out came Georgias OJ, then about 5 mins later, Jenni's and my coffee and finally, after we'd finished, joes hot chocolate arrived.

The kids completed their purchases and we decided to head back to the meeting point. We'd planned to have dinner in the city however werent confident we had enough time between arriving at the meeting point and the shuttle's departure time. This time we found the river, crossed the bridge and walked along the river. It might have taken a bit longer however we knew where we were. We had a bit of a wait before the trip home...the city was alive with music and people.

When we arrived at the hotel, the kids decided on room service and shared a

pizza. Joe was happy to phone the order through. Next on the agenda...bed.

Entry Rating:     Why ratings?
Please Rate:  
Thank you for voting!
Share |