- we had a no rush day. Wonderful!
- After breakfast in the chambres d’hôtes we left our panniers in the room and rode off to explore the region and have lunch at Uzès. A little medieval town that was touristy but interesting.
- Passed through several other nice little towns on the way, following back roads that we often lined with wonderfully made flat rock walls.
- Tom continued his grape vine investigations and finally found a few grapes that hadn’t been harvested.
- The final part into Uzès was quite a steep climb. The nice (remaining) medieval villages are always on hills!!!
- Had lunch at a place recommended by our hosts. Looked around a big then returned by an alternative route.
- Passed over the Pont du Gard again and came across a Swiss couple with a puncture and a pump that wasn’t working properly. Was able to help out and had a good chat with them. It was funny as they were on their way to Spain (in their car) to meet an Australian couple who were long term friends
- Finished our ride and got back to accommodation with just enough time to shower and change before dinner.
- Another guy there for dinner. Very chatty and an enjoyable evening
Accommodation 98€ for 2 for dinner, bed and breakfast
Distance Today: 51 km Distance Total: 1657 km
Cool and overcast morning then lovely sunny afternoon Cooled at night and host lit a fireplace for dinner
Nice croisants and warm bread - T
My GF bread - P
Fresh fruit juices
Toasted open sandwiches (tapanade, roasted tomatoes, mozzarella / goats cheese, Serrano ham. And salad
Coffee and mint syrup with perrier
Dinner € pp
Home made pizza ( gf for me) and local wine