Day 37 La Grande-Motte to Arles
6 Oct 2019
- had a longer ride today so left early (after desperately trying to find someone who. could give us the key to the bike lockup
- Again lots of riding on thin stretches of land between water bodies.
- Had morning coffee in a cafe in Galician Lent our pump to a local needing to pump his tyres!
- After leaving the canal we rode for most of rest of day through the swampy Camargue area. Lots of water the occasional horses on farms.
- Eventually found an acceptable place to picnic by the side of the road
- Got to Arles at 1500. Early!
- Apartment still being cleaned so we left our bags and explored a bit then had an icecream before returning to apt.
- Steps up to it were a shock ( in process of renovation ) but rest of place was excellent.
- has a drink before dinner in a local square then found an Italian restaurant open on a Sunday night and had a pleasant meal there
Accommodation 50 € for 2 people
Distance Today:73 km Distance Total: 1542km
À little cool at times in the wind. Sometimes wind behind. Sometimes headwind.
Dinner € 16pp
1/2 litre red wine