- a mixture of ok and horrible (rocky and rutted with lots of tree roots) canal paths all day.
- Cycling into the wind for much of the morning but early afternoon mostly had a strong tail wind. Thank goodness!
- Followed the Canal de Robine all the way to it’s junction with the Canal du Midi.
- Left the canal paths for a short time to escape the shocking surface and to look for somewhere for lunch. Many restaurants are closed now summer is officially over.
- Stopped in the small town of Capestang and stumbled across the market, which was just closing. Lots of cafes so chose one and had lunch there. It was very popular.
- We passed many vineyards and lots of grapes being harvested
- Watched boats negotiating the Tunnel de Malpas on the canal du midi. Very nearly a collision between a large boat and slightly smaller one. Very exciting !
- Passed the Foncerannes Locks but only had time for a brief look because we were running late for our AirBnb check-in, which required a massive climb up into the town.
- Nice appt with a roomy mezzanine level right on a corner of a square in the old town. Lots to see our of the windows both up and down stairs.
Accommodation 48€ per night for 2
Distance Today: 55 km Distance Total: 1352km
Coolish start then mid 20s finish
Cereal and porridge
Lunch €27 for 2 at the cafe de la grille in Capestang
Brandade de Morue - T
Large salad of smoked duck, ham, tomatoes , Roquefort , lettuce , onions. - P
Dinner 27€ pp
Tapas and a lovely bottle of local red