Day 5 Villebois to Lyon
4 Sep 2019
- again a variety of very busy roads (luckily not for long each time)
- Route was quite clearly marked but as we approached Lyon the signposts disappeared for about 10km. Luckily I had the gpx route on my phone so we mostly avoided main roads.
- Nice riding thru the huge park on outskirts of Lyon , but has to keep our wits about us as the signposting g was difficult to see and understand at times
- VERY steep climb to our accommodation in Croix Rousse.
- Lovely apartment overlooking a large square.
- AirBnb host Nicholas welcomed us well with all the local neighbourhood info
- delighted to have a washing machine in the apartment, for our cycling clothes
Accommodation €80 for 2 per night
Lovely Airbnb apartment ( old silk weaver’s apartment with very high ceilings to accommodate the high looms) in the ‘trendy’ Crois Rousse area of Lyon
- delighted to arrive in Lyon and have a couple of days of rest and exploring the city
Distance Today: 80km Distance Total: 341 km
Crisp start. We wore our vests. But it soon warmed up to be mid 20s
Buffet including GF cereal, bread and hard boiled eggs €7 pp
Lunch €17.50 pp
Plat du jour on a brasserie in Jons. Delicious fish soufflé with grilled aubergines , tomato, salad and rice. Plus large bottle sparkling water and coffee
Dinner € 20pp
In the brosserie close to our apartment
Me: Steak with St Marcellin cheese sauce, salad and chips.
Tom: confit if duck with herbed new potatoes.