Day 1 Lully, Switzerland to Vulbens, France
31 Aug 2019
- Beni farewelled us as we set off
-Rode to Nyon with much haste so as not to miss the boat. Great roads and nice bike routes. Tom appreciated being in Switzerland, describing it as civilised. Couldn’t agree more.!
- arrived in time for a coffee before the boat departed for Yvoire. Across Lac Léman and into France.
- the rest of the morning was lovely. Quiet roads through France with nice views of the lake. Then back into Switzerland.
- Riding through the outskirts of Geneva below the Salève, navigation became more tricky. We didn’t make too many bad turns but my navigation app alerted me each time. Had lunch and a well deserved break at the auberge du grand donzel in Vessy.
- after lunch the riding became hotter, more climbing and we had a lot of off road trails which were slow
- has a welcome drink with Airbnb hosts who also booked dinner for us at a local hotel/ cafe
Distance : 93km
Accommodation : AirBnb ‘Halte Détente’. lovely hosts Xavier and Marie. B & B €56 for 2
Lunch. : mixed salad and frites. CHF 21
Dinner: Tom, hamburger. And salad. Pauline:: salade Lorraine (bacon and poached egg with walnuts )