Those Jacobson Hooligans on a European Vacation- Paris, Venice, Slovenia & Croatia travel blog

Up early to head to the shopping mall entrance to the Louvre. We mapped out our route last night. We were there in 10 minutes. The guard at the entrance couldn't believe we were there 45 minutes before opening! We were first in line and shortly after the line started forming. Some lady and her child got to go in before us. WE raced off to see the Mona Lisa and got passed by 2 guys. We could have beat them except we were too tired to run up the steps! The lady and her child were already there, but we arrived before the crowd and were able to get some good photos. Then we headed for the Venus de Milo and Winged Victory. We decided to skip most of the Greek part as we had seen so much of it in Greece. We did go see the Egyptian exhibits.

As we are tired today and still have achy legs we rode the Metro many times. Next stop was the Orsay Museum and on to the Thinker at the Rodin Museum.

Took the metro to Moulin Rouge area. Found a street corner to have lunch, Cypress salad, Caesar salad, and Margarita pizza. Decided we would head to see the little Statue of Liberty. We were able to the little island it is on and then walk to the next bridge and head over to the Eiffel Tower.

We stopped to use the public toilet, the round hut that totally cleans and dries in between each use. Because of the amount of time it took to clean we went in together. The notice said there was recorded instructions. Well, after trying to flush all we got was some French lady yelling. Toilet didn't flush while we were in so not sure what happened!

Arrived at the little promenade across from the tower and sat and watched people, then got a nutella and strawberry crepe that Heather let bleed all over her shoes!

While waiting for our reservation time we sat and watched the Mama and baby rat scurry into their hiding place and then another run out from behind the souvenir shop! My first encounter with those rodents!

Rode to the top of the tower where it was crowded and windy on one side making it a bit cold. Heather bought her expensive plastic flute of champagne to celebrate, we then headed down to the next level and were lucky enough to see fireworks. A different perspective watching them below us. The view from the top of the tower at night was quite spectacular. At the second level we were able to witness the first lighting and twinkling

Of the tower.

We decided we would walk the last half of the Champs Elysees so we took the metro to the circle area. This was not an uneventful stop. Twice we were stopped by the Metro Police to have our tickets scanned. The first time Heather's scanned as not valid, but she had given them the wrong ticket. We didn't know what the problem was as we were just trying to exit. We decided it was because the first stop lead to the train station and the second time was the bus station and a valid ticket was needed to transfer. Not sure what would have happened if Heather hadn't found the valid ticket!

Arrived home late, packed up and ready to leave early in the morning for the airport.

Even though we rode the metro ALOT, we still walked more than 9 miles!

Entry Rating:     Why ratings?
Please Rate:  
Thank you for voting!
Share |