We left Helensville and headed to the Coromandel Peninsula. Just when we had decided that North Island was lacking the beauty of South we discovered this gorgeous region.
Tairua is built on mountains peppered with pristine properties circling a lake and leisurely harbour.
An evening stroll and watching the sunset was all that was needed after a decent length journey.
Driving around NZ is a real pleasure just the views from the windows are enough, you real don't waste a day if you drive nearly all of it. What's more Kiwi radio is pretty good at sound tracking the journey as long as they are not playing Somebody that I Used to Know. So to avoid that constant bombardment we switched to the "classic" stations. If you are interested here is the top ten most played "classics" we drove around to. (I neither endorse nor recommend listening to all of the following tracks):
1) Baby I love Your Way (Big Mountain) - I have no idea why?
2) Don't Dream it's Over (Crowded House)
3) It's Only Natural (Crowded House)
4) Drop the Pilot (Joan Armatrading)
5) In the Air Tonight (Phil Collins)
6) Another One Bites the Dust (Queen)
7) Land Down Under (Men at Work)
8) Just to be the One to be with You (Mr. Big)
9) Weather With You (Crowded House)
10) We Built this City on Rock and Roll (Starship)
Much love C & P xx