- did a bit of exploring around Cahors before breakfast in a little bar ( which ended with a fist fight between 2 patrons at 11am - we left soon after!)
- mostly quiet roads again today
- passed many walnut orchards and vineyards
- Eventually stopped for lunch at a picnic table beside the river around 3pm!!
- Had a challenge finding our B&B in Prayssac as the old lady owner insisted on giving loose directions rather than a street name and house number. But eventually found her and it was a lovely spacious accommodation with our bikes stored in the garage
- Rode back into town (without helmets!!) for dinner.
- almost everything closed on Sun night but eventually found a restaurant. Luckily it had quite nice food.
- Chilly ride home at 9pm
Accommodation 55€ for 2 including breakfast. (Claudine’s gîte de France )
Distance Today: 53km Distance Total: 394km
Cold start but warm day in mid 20s
Yoghurt and semi dried apricots
Picnic with tuna salad
Dinner €34 pp
Boudin terrine with asparagus mousse (T)
Salmon gravlax with lemon sorbet (P)
Steak with Gorgonzola sauce and frites (both)
Plum concoction (T)
Fruit mousse thing (P)
Bottle of Cahors red