MORE PHOTOS TO FOLLOW
-great descent. Spoke to other riders on way up
- EV8 was really well marked with separated bike path for 90% of route. Only on roads in larger towns.
- Stopped at beach town of Argelès-Plage for lunch in a restaurant
- The Med has lots of long white sandy beaches in this area.
- Fabulous looking back at the Pyrenees and seeing how huge they are
- Passed many coastal holiday towns on the way. Very little happening at this time of the year, but clearly swarming with holiday makers in summer.
- Arrived in Barcarès and had drinks in a local cafe whilst waiting to meet appt host.
- I stayed at apartment and did domestics whilst Tom shopped for breakfast and dinner. ( as the supermarket closed!)
- Stayed in for evening
Accommodation 68€ for 2. Independent apartment from AirBnb
Distance Today 75: km Distance Total: 1235 km
Cool start and warm finish
Supplied by hostel. Yoghurt , pastries , fruit juice
Mussels and frites at a beachside town
Dinner € pp
Tom’s tapas (crackers, cheese, pate, ham, Wine that we hAd at apartment