- perfect day for climbing over the Pyrenees. Stated off foggy which made for beautiful views in the valleys.
- Climb was only 15km but quite steep in some sections.
- Saw pigs running freely along side of road (wild pigs??) and at top saw a farmer (with his stick) bringing sheep down the mountain.
- Great road to ride up. Only saw 3 cars and 2 motorbikes in the 2 hours that it took to climb.
- Stopped part way up at a monument for ( 1760) antifascist prisoners who made the road to the top of the pass in 1939-41. We had a break and something to eat before continuing to the top.
- Cold at the top so just stayed long enough to put on jackets and take a few photos.
- The descent was fun but way too quick.
- Rode on gentle descent with undulations to eventually stop beside a man made reservoir (Pamplona water supply) for picnic lunch.
- Descended gently to Zubiri and had coffee in same cafe we stopped at when riding the camino with the guys in 2014. It was full of pilgrims. We saw more for the rest of the ride as just for this afternoon we are sharing much the same route.
- Last 13km into Pamplona was most enjoyable along a dedicated bike track next to the Arga river. All the way into the centre of the city.
- Climbed up to our accommodation in the old town. Lovely clean, spacious and trendy renovated apartment.
- Showers and had pre dinner drinks before heading out at 9:30pm for dinner.
Accommodation 82€ per night for 2
Distance Today: 61km Distance Total: 1099km
Cool foggy start then warm and rain threatening late afternoon. Nothing came
Full buffet breakfast €9pp
Dinner 16€ pp
Cooked ham, eggs and chips - T
Sliced salted cod and smoked salmon salad with fried peppers and lettuce - P
Glass of wine each