PHOTOS TO FOLLOW
- At last set off early in the fog and before the heat set in and made very good time to get to our first planned stop. Had a bit of a ‘race’ with a local man presumably riding to work in the next town. All good fun for the 3 of us.
- The path climbed up and down for 8km over several large forested hills (sand dunes) , before we got to the coast. Then followed the coast for most of the day again around or over dunes with lots of pine trees. Very pleasant cycling.
- Stopped in Contis-Plage for morning tea at a surfers’ cafe
- Planned picnic lunch at St Girons plage but there was no shade (although there was a huge bike parking area). It was a big surf beach so watched surfers for awhile before moving on.
- Found a spot beside the forest for our picnic.
- Got to our accommodation before 3pm. Yay! Time to settle in and do the washing and a bit of relaxing before going out to dinner on our bikes
Accommodation 60€ for 2.
Very new and trendy garden studio in Leon. A nice terrasse with plenty of space.
Distance Today: 68km Distance Total: 866km
Foggy start then built up to 27C with quite a bit of humidity
Picnic including some delicious pork terrine with Roquefort
Found some of my favourite partly dried bananas whilst picnic shopping.
1/2 litre wine
Merlu (hake) - T
Pork - P
Apple tart thing - T
Fruit salad - P