- got away early but still took a while to get out of Bordeaux. Surprising amount of traffic for Sun morning.
- Bike route or separated bike paths much of way out
- then followed a very long and unbelievably straight road all the way to La Teste.
- Dropped our things at the accommodation and after a shower took out bikes out to explore and find some dinner.
- Great little oyster production port with lots of oyster huts where you could buy directly from the oyster farmer
- Shared a dozen fresh oysters and glass of wine each before moving on to another restaurant for dinner.
- Cycled home in the dark under the influence of much food and wine!
Accommodation 53€ for 2
Small studio which looked windowless with an old worn door, and hence pretty desperate. But turned out to be fine Inside with a bedroom window and ‘hidden’ window in the front inner door. Owner was very clever. Got guests to clean the place on departure and make the bed on arrival and strip the bed on departure! Otherwise a big cleaning fee. No big deal for us as we didn’t make it dirty.
Distance Today: 68km Distance Total: 718km
Quick Picnic by a river and escaped before too many mosquitoes bit me
12 oysters and wine. €8 pp
Seafood soup (T)
Bulots (small conch like shellfish) (P)
Fish ( both)