- quick tour through Tonneins market as we set off
- most of the day was spent cycling along the canal latéral à la Garonne. First time we’ve seen lots of other cyclists. Most of them without paniers and probably off the holiday barges also going along the canal.
- Easy cycling and very pleasant pottering along.
- Coffee at a boulangerie and lunch at a picnic table beside a lock.
- a short day of cycling which was dictated by the accommodation that we had found for today.
- Tom took advantage of the pool and had a quick dip. Apparently rather chilly. Meanwhile I fought off the mosquitoes in the room and everywhere! All the women there including the owner were complaining about them
- Apéritifs with host Any, and the other guests ( French couple and English couple ) all cycling the canal.
- Had dinner with the English couple David and Linda from Yorkshire. Most enjoyable evening with lots of laughs
Accommodation 88€ for 2. Very nice chambres d’hôtes with swimming pool, spa and dinner
Distance Today: 40km Distance Total: 567km
Beautiful weather mid 20s
Dinner 50€ 2 people
Pre dinner drink and appetisers offered by the host
Curried prawns , grilled veges and rice
Fruit and icecream for me
Dessert fir Tom.