You've probably all heard by now how long it took us to get here. A fairly epic journey of 36hrs across 2 countries. Highlights included:
- Arctic (air) conditions on a 6 hour train journey, realising that our jumpers were happily packed at the bottom of our bags.
- Trying to find a way into one of the tallest buildings in the world in Kuala Lupmur - we could see it but we couldn't get to it.
- Sleeping in a small bunk bed carriage for 14 hours with about 30 malaysians (but no chickens!)
- Leaving our bags on the train at the border control only to see the train trundle off into the distance. Fortunately it just went to refuel, but we learnt our lesson!
- Our first taste of Thai driving - bouncing up and down in the back of a small minibus packed like sardines whilst the driver drove like a maniac as well as chatting on the phone.
- Going for our first stroll along a beach and getting followed by a pack of dogs. Actually they were only puppies and very cute - but no we didnt touch them!
So not bad going for our first few days and we're still in one piece which is the main thing
We have just moved beach huts to a resort called Lamai as Bophut was a bit quiet. We have found a very friendly place to stay in a little beach hut with a pregnant cat called Sue who sleeps outside
We have just rushed inside to send this email as we were warned the rain was coming but it's not here yet. No doubt as soon as we put our towels out again the heavens will open!
We will be here for a few more days before heading over to Koh Pan Yang for the Full Moon Party.
That's all for now folks, off to catch some rays, it's a hard life!
CJ and Bexta
PS Will add more photos soon - need to find somewhere to download them